1. If there’s a car park – use it! Especially if your car is 2 wheel drive… Eliminate the risk of getting stuck in sand by not driving on it!
2. If you do decide to drive onto the beach keep on the wet compacted sand. The soft fluffy sand may look nicer but you don’t want to sink!
3. Avoid sharp turns – make every movement as gentle as possible to avoid getting stuck.
4. If you do get stuck – don’t keep trying to go forwards! Try reversing out instead…
5. Floor mats – If you can’t get grip reversing out put your floor mats under the wheels for extra grip.
6. Tyres – let some of the air out of your tyres which increases the footprint and should stop you from digging a trench
7. Dig – if you do get stuck you’ll need to dig out all the sand that’s stopping your car from moving – you can also try wetting the sand behind your wheels slightly to firm up the ground!
8. If the tide is coming in call for help before it’s too late! You will have to pay to be towed out but it’s going to be much cheaper than buying a new car
27th April, 2021