Due here in the Spring BMW has revealed the all-new 5 Series writes Geraldine Herbert
- The new BMW 5 Series will hit UK showrooms on February 2017
- Prices start from £36,025.
- It may not look radically different from the outside but its now slightly longer, wider, and taller than the previous model.
- With a focus on driving dynamics the car gets a new suspension and sheds over a 100kgs.
- BMW’s ‘xDrive’ all-wheel drive system will be offered for the first time on a 5 Series and will be available from launch on the 520d, 530d, and 540i.
- The 2017 BMW 5 series comes in several flavours including the 530i and 540i petrol and the 520d and 530d turbodiesels and later in the year three more will be added including a plug-in hybrid version.
- Its also very frugal, the entry-level 520d four-cylinder turbodiesel boasts fuel consumption of 0 litres/100km and 107 grams of CO2.
- BMW is also embracing autonomous driving and the new 5 series gets a host of technologies first seen on the 7 series including Gesture Control, Remote Parking and the BMW Display key.
18th October, 2016