Crossovers and hybrids are all the rage. By combining the two the new Niro makes an very interesting addition to the Kia Line-up writes Geraldine Herbert
- First shown at the 2016 Geneva International Motor Show, the Niro is a low-emissions hybrid crossover.
- The New Kia Niro will arrive in the UK in the Autumn
- At 4.35 metres the new Niro is longer than the Cee’d (4.31 metres) but shorter than the Sportage (4.48 metres)
- Prices are as yet unconfirmed but we would expect the new crossover in the Kia range to start around £20,000 – 22,000
- The car is front-wheel drive only and comes with a six-speed automatic gearbox.
- Kia are not skimping on equipment and standard goodies are likely to include, Sat Nav with Android Auto, Full Leather Heated, Dual Aircon with Rain Sensor, Lane Keep Assist, LED front and rear lights and Privacy Glass
- CO2 emissions are just 88 grams.
- As expected the Niro is frugal and the 1.6-litre petrol engine and electric motor uses 3.8 litres of fuel for every 100 km of driving.
13th July, 2016