According to Lamborghini’s Stefano Domenicali the new SUV will be a “game changer” writes Geraldine Herbert
1) Due here in 2018 Lamborghini’s new SUV will target women and families, which is no easy task given that only 5% of the company’s global buyers last year were women.
2) The engine is likely to be a 600 bhp, turbocharged V-8 engine rather than Lamborghini’s trademark V-12.
3) A V8 diesel engine may be offered in the future and there is even the possibility of a totally electric SUV.
4) Going fast is what Lamborghinis do best and the expected top speed is about 328 km / h with a 0 – 100km dash achieved in less than 4 seconds
5) The new SUV will be based on the Urus concept unveiled at the 2012 Beijing Motor show
6) As you would expect from a Lamborghini the new SUV promises Formula One like suspension with the practicality of a family car and will be spacious, comfortable with room for four to five adult passengers.
7) Only one body style is likely to be available either four or five seats only but not seven.
8) Annual production is expected to hit 7,000 units.
1st September, 2016