Jaguar sets its sights on Tesla’s Model X with the new I-Pace writes Geraldine Herbert
- Revealed at the LA Motor Show, the I-Pace is Jaguar’s first all electric car.
- With two electric motors, 400bhp and 700Nms of pure pulling power this electric SUV reassuringly has four-wheel drive.
- It is also no slouch and goes 0 – 60 in just 4.0 seconds and promises to go 230 miles on a single charge.
- The production version will be revealed in late 2017 and will hit the road in 2018.
- Jaguar claims the electric SUV’s battery pack can be fully charged in about two hours using a fast charging point.
- Inside, the I-Pace is a bastion of high tech and premium materials with the beautiful detailing and craftsmanship we have come to expect from Jaguar.
- With a low centre of gravity expect performance and refinement to be a major part of its DNA.
- The I-Pace comfortably seats five and still has plenty of room in the boot with a loadspace of 530 litres.
- Jaguar will soon start taking preliminary orders on its website so if you want to be one of the first owners go to jaguar.com and click the ‘I want one’ button.
15th November, 2016