Elon Musk has revealed the Tesla Model 3, the practical Electric vehicle for the masses writes Geraldine Herbert
- Tesla’s new Model 3 is the first affordable electric car from the company and goes on sale in December 2017.
- The Model 3 is priced at $35,000 (£24,596).
- The entry level car will do 0-60 in less than 6 seconds, with versions that go “much faster” and range will be in the region of 215 miles
- The Model 3 will come in both rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive version
- Within 24 hours of launching over 198,000 orders have been placed with Tesla from interested buyers
- Similar to the Model S, the Model 3 will feature a front and rear boot and will comfortably seat five adults.
- Rivals include the BMW 3 Series, Audi A4 and Mercedes C-Class.
- The roof is entirely made from glass and is designed to block UV rays and manage heat.
- Autopilot and high-speed Supercharging come as standard.
- The car is made from a blend of lightweight aluminum and cheaper steel.
Watch Elon Musk unveil the Tesla Model 3
1st April, 2016