Peugeot unveiled their new 3008 crossover to the World press in Paris recently writes Suzanne Keane
- The new Peugeot 3008 will be the star of Peugeot’s stand at the 2016 Paris Motor Show and will be available to order in the UK from November with first deliveries due in January 2017.
- It’s much more aggressive looking than its predecessor with a very flat looking front end hosting a widened chrome grille, a high waist line, bulked out wheel arches and an optional gloss black roof.
- The new 3008 is 80mm longer than the previous version with the height having been reduced by 10mm overall to add to that streamlined look.
- Manoeuvrability will be helped by Visio Park which offers a 360-degree view around the car.
- Engine options will include 1.2 PureTech 130bhp and 1.6 THP 165bhp petrol versions along with 1.6 BlueHDi (100bhp and 120bhp) and 2.0 BlueHDi (150bhp and 180bhp) diesel engines.
- Inside the cabin Peugeot’s “i-cockpit” comes as standard with the instrument cluster being transformed into a 12.3” graphic display which is complemented by an 8” touchscreen in the centre of the dashboard.
- The boot space will increase from 520 litres with the seats up to 1,580 litres with the rear seats folded and by folding down the passenger seat loads up to 3m long can be carried.
- Safety features include Active Safety Brake and Distance Alert, Active lane departure and driver attention warning and adaptive cruise control.
- The new 3008 will be available with multipoint massage seats and a fragrance diffuser to enhance the interior experience.
- For extra convenience the new Peugeot 3008 will be available with an electrically assisted folding bicycle (e-Bike) or electrically assisted folding scooter (e-kick) hooked up to a charge point in the boot.
13th June, 2016