Car maintenance brand Holts Auto has used Google data to determine the most-searched for car manufacturers in every country over the past 12 months
Results showed BMW was the most googled car brand in the world, it also came top in the UK.
Some other results
- BMW most searched for in 137 countries
- Toyota came second, coming top in just 21 countries by comparison
- Mercedes-Benz was third, top in 5 countries
- Tesla interest is on the rise, the brand came top in 4 countries
- Ferrari was most searched in Monaco
UK Top 10 Car Brands
We also delved further into the UK results. Comparing monthly UK monthly search figures during lockdown to beforehand offered interesting insights into motorists’ interests – with Brits searching for more aspirational and less practical brands during this time.
Most searched brands ranked:
|Lockdown||Past 12 months|
June 30th 2020