Winter Car Preparation
Firstly, make sure to keep the following items in the boot for emergencies –
Phone number for a breakdown service
Can of De-Icer
It’s a good time of year to get your car serviced and to get a general check-up done – as you don’t want to be stranded at the side of the road unnecessarily.
– Check your tyres, including tyre pressure.
– Winter Preparation – FoggyTop up your coolant/antifreeze – may be a good time to get the system flushed and start from scratch and remember to check all the hoses.
– Check your wipers and make sure you have plenty of washer fluid. Also make sure your rear window/mirror defrosting is working.
– Keep your fuel tank topped up.
– Check your battery – cold weather will make it much harder to start your car.
– If your heater isn’t working it would be a good time to consider getting it fixed!
Most importantly, make sure to slow down and keep a safe distance between you and the car in front. If you’re not happy driving in certain weather conditions, don’t.
We’ll be offering more tips and advice through the winter so remember to check back here
30th September, 2013